The Registrar’s Office provides services to students related to their academic studies including enrolment and graduation. The Registrar is responsible for maintaining student records, coordinating course registration and grade submission, offering assistance in course scheduling, evaluating transfer credits, preparing academic transcripts, coordinating the Study Abroad Program at Touro University New York, and issuing diplomas upon graduation.
Registrar & Student Advisor
Touro University Berlin gGmbH
Am Rupenhorn 5
14055 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 30 300686/ Ext. 33
WhatsApp: +49 176 104 33901
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Adding and dropping courses
To add a course:
Students may add courses during the first 2 weeks of classes in the fall and spring semesters. To add or drop a course to their current course registrations, students must fill out an Add-Drop Form with their academic advisor.
To drop a course:
- Students may drop courses during the first 8 weeks of the fall and spring semesters. Courses dropped during the add & drop period (first 2 weeks of classes) will not appear on a student’s transcript.
- Any courses dropped after this time and before the end of the 8th week of classes will appear on the transcript with the notation of “W” (withdrawn).
- Courses with this notation will not affect the student’s GPA. All program changes require that the student fill out an Add/Drop Form and obtain the advisor’s signature. Students who leave a course without filing the Add/Drop Form will receive a grade of “WU” which counts as an F on the student’s GPA.
Note: There is no Add/Drop for summer classes i.e. registered classes cannot be cancelled.
Touro Berlin is happy to welcome transfer students at the Bachelor’s degree level. Transfer students seeking credits for previous academic work should arrange that an official transcript be sent to the Admission’s Office at Touro Berlin.
Check if your credits are:
- Relevant to the program of study you are applying for
- Are equivalent to courses offered at Touro
- Completed with a minimum grade of C at an accredited institution
If you have completed a course from a non-accredited institution or organization, even if recommended for credit by the American Council on Education, it must be reviewed by the respective Departmental Chair before any credit may be transferred.
Touro Berlin grants transfer credits for satisfactory coursework completed in a classroom setting, distance learning, or via experiential learning.
Things You Need to Know About Credit Transfers:
- A maximum of six credits is generally granted for previous work completed in technical or professional programs not offered at Touro Berlin.
- Credits may not be awarded for courses taken more than 10 years prior to a student’s first semester at Touro Berlin in natural sciences, business, and accounting. Transfer credit in all other areas except computer science is subject to departmental approval. For computer science, credit may not be awarded for courses taken more than 6 years prior to a student’s first semester at the Touro Berlin.
- Students with Associate’s Degrees from an accredited institution should have a minimum of 60 credits. They must meet the individual course and liberal arts requirements of their selected degree program. This may also include course-by-course evaluation to ensure that Touro requirements are satisfied.
- Transfer courses which are not equivalent to required coursework may be for elective or “blanket credit” and are evaluated in one of two ways:
- If the student has an Associate’s degree or higher, courses may be accepted as electives and course-by-course review may not be required.
- If the student does not have an Associate’s or higher degree, courses will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis and may be given a “blank credit” or elective course acceptance.
In both cases, credit is applied to the student’s program in the elective credit area(s).
- Transfer credits will be deleted for any course successfully completed at Touro Berlin.
- To be eligible for a Bachelor’s degree, a transfer student must successfully complete at least 60 credits at Touro and at least 30 credits at one campus. In addition, a minimum of 50% of the credits in a student’s major must be taken at Touro. Therefore, Touro Berlin would not transfer more than 60 credits for a Bachelor’s degree.
Students may transfer a maximum of 6 credits into the MBA or MA program.
Transfer credits are only awarded for courses that:
- Have content relevant to the MBA or MA courses
- Were completed in the last 5 years
- Where the grades received were either “B” or better, or a “pass”. In the case of “pass” grades, the registrar of the issuing institution must indicate in writing that the grade of “pass” is equivalent to a grade of “B” or better
Post-Enrollment at Touro Berlin
Students wishing to take courses at another institution while enrolled at Touro Berlin must obtain official permission in advance. They must submit a completed “Permit to attend Another Institution” form, which is available at the Registrar’s Office. Failure to obtain official permission to take courses at another institution may cause either a delay in obtaining the credits or complete rejection of the transfer credit.
Departmental challenge examinations
Students who can demonstrate proficiency in a particular subject may earn credits by taking a departmental challenge examination.
Interested students must:
- Make arrangements for taking the examination with the appropriate department chairperson
- File a “Request to Take a Challenge Examination” form with the Registrar’s Office
- Pay the required fee to the Bursar
Students may graduate at the end of each semester; either January, June or September. An application for graduation must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office no later than November 15 in order to graduate in January and no later than February 25 in order to graduate in June or September.
Graduating students must complete at least 120 U.S. credits of college-level work with 60 credits of liberal arts.